Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 25- Kenpo X

I can't believe I'm almost finished with my recovery week! I'm really excited to start Phase II of p90x next week. I want to get back to doing my pullups and pushups and work on getting stronger.  This morning was Kenpo.  Since Kenpo usually is pretty easy for me I decided to wear my weighted vest while doing it. The vest can carry an extra 50lbs, but I only loaded it with 15lbs.  The one thing I noticed with the vest and the workout is that it really gets your heart rate up quick since you're not used to carrying that extra weight. After the stretching and 10 minutes into the workout the vest had to come off, it wore me down pretty quick and I knew I couldn't do the whole workout effectively with it on.  Regardless it got me going for the rest of the workout.  My flexibility has improved drastically since starting P90x.  Its hard not to improve when you were non-flexible to start.  I can now kick a lot higher and my hips are not as tight as before.  After I finished the workout I glanced at my heart rate monitor and this is what I saw

Total Calories: 505
50% Fat
Duration: 1 hr 5 minutes
Max: 166
Avg: 120

I really got the most out of this workout this morning.  Next time I plan on using the weighted vest again but hopefully I can last longer than the first 10 minutes, lets try for 20!

Awesome sunny day awaits me this morning, later skater!

No comments:

Post a Comment