Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 13- Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X

Legs and back this evening. Wasn't looking forward to it as I've never been good at sticking with legs workouts, not a very glamorous body part since I have dinky calves that never grow.  Here are the stats from tonight.

Note: Complete means I did all the reps they did in the routine, some of them I just didn't count how many we did so I just wrote down complete for simplicity purposes.

Balance Lunges 20
Calf Raise Squarts 23x 20lbs
Reverse Grip Chings 11-20
Super Skaters 20 each leg
Wall Squats Completed
Wide Front Chins 9-22
Step Back Lunges 25 each
Side Lunges Complete
Close Grip Chins 12-20
Single Leg Squats Complete, but very tough didn't do last 2 seconds
Dead Lifts 18 each leg
Switch Grip Chins 12-20
3 Way Lunges Complete
Reaching Lunges Complete
Reverse Grip Chins 12-20
Chair Salutations Complete
Roll Up Lunches  15 each leg, very hard for me
Wide Grip Chins 7-20
Grocho Walks Complete
Calf Raises Completed with 10lb weights, need to increase weight next time
Close Grip Chins 12-20
Debbie Sieber Speed Squats Completed, only did 10 jumping in the air
Switch Grip Pullups- 12-28

This workout wasn't as bad as I remember it being, I think this is because with all the running I've been doing my legs are getting stronger.  I also think the Yoga is helping out with the strength and flexibility a lot.  Some of the workouts that I hated doing in the past I seem to enjoy now.  After this workout I went right into Ab Ripper.  I can almost complete every rep now, the ones I still have trouble with are the backward bicycles, this is more of a coordination issue.  Pfifer Scissors are getting easier, but I still have to rest a few times during that exercise.  Finally on a positive note, I did all the oblique v-ups which I've never been able to do. This just goes to show you that my core is getting stronger every time.  Tomorrow would be rest but since I missed on Monday after my half marathon I have to do Kenpo X tomorrow in the morning before the cookout.  I'm going to skip the day of rest and go right into chest and back on Monday as I'm traveling a lot this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment