Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 24- Core Synergistics

Last night when I got to Wisco, I headed straight to Trivia at Lucky's.  I decided to take off working out that night because I was tired from all the traveling the past few days.  So a day of rest was needed.  I performed Core Synergistics this morning.  Here were my notes and results.

This was my first time doing this workout so I didn't totally know what to expect.  I read some other people's web reviews of this workout so I got an idea of what was ahead of me this morning.   The workout started with Staggered Pushups which weren't too bad.  I did 30 total.  The exercises that were the toughest for me were the bow-boat.  My shoulders are pretty tight so doing the bow was a little challenging for me during the workout.  I enjoyed the cell block pushups as they are different and new for me.  The other exercise I really liked was the lunge and reach as I really felt my core being engaged, especially in the oblique area.  The squat X press was fun as well and used different stablizer muscles in your shoulders.  This workout was pretty challenging and at the end I was drenched in sweat, which really made me feel like I worked hard.  Here are some of the results and notes.


  1. Stacked Foot/Staggered Hands Push-up 35
  2. Banana Roll-Complete
  3. Leaning Crescent Lunges- Did 20 with 5lb weights
  4. Squat Run- Used 5 lbs weights, may go up to 8 next workout
  5. Sphinx Push-up- 12 completed. 
  6. Bow to Boat- Completed, but tight in the shoulders on the bow part
  7. Low Lateral Skaters- Completed
  8. Lunge & Reach- Used 5lb weights, really engaged core
  9. Prison Cell Push-up-13 completed
  10. Side Hip Raise- 15 on each side
  11. Squat X-Press- 8lb dumbells used
  12. Plank to Chatarunga Run- Completed, Chatarunga is very tough toward the end
  13. Walking Push-up- Awkward but got it down
  14. Superman Banana- Completed
  15. Lunge Kickback Curl Press- 10lb weights used, very challenging
  16. Reach High & Under Push-ups-6 reps competed
  17. Steam Engine-40 reps out of 50
  18. Dreya Roll- Fun and 12 performed
  19. Plank to Chatarunga Iso, Very Tough hips are tight on the chatarunga
  20. Halfback
  21. Table Dip Leg Raise- Tough as i have a hard time doing table with my tight shoulders completed 14 total.
So there it is, core synergistics done for the first time in the recovery week.  By no means is this an easy workout.  It is actually a lot of fun and a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment