Tuesday, May 24, 2011

P90X Day 1

Since 2008 I've been trying to complete the full 90 days and now its 2011 and I have yet to complete the full 90 day workout.  Some of my friends have just completed the program and I'm envious of them.  I've done a lot of challenging this in my life such as run a half marathon and other types of races.  This time I'm determined to finish P90x all the way through to the end and I'm going to document my journey.  Here it goes...see you at the end.

Day 1: Chest and Back Workout.  I've done this routine many times throughout the past years and it is a great workout that really works you if you put the work into the routine.  One thing that I struggled with in the past is doing the ab ripper x right after the workout, so this time I got smart and did ab ripper first.  That turned out to be a good decision since it was a pretty good workout.  After the chest and back workout I felt great.  Here are my results from the workout.

ROUND 1
Regular Push Ups 50
Wide Pull Ups 9-20

Military Push Ups 30
Underhand Pull Ups 9-18

Wide Push Ups 33
Close Grip Pull Ups 8-15

Decline Pushups 24
Heavy Pants 10x35lb

Diamond Pushups 29
Lawn Mowers 12x35

Dive Bombers 16
Back Flys 10x15lbs

ROUND 2


Regular Push Ups 40
Wide Pull Ups 6-17

Military Push Ups 26
Underhand Pull Ups 8-18

Wide Push Ups 28
Close Grip Pull Ups 7-15

Decline Pushups 22
Heavy Pants 10x35lb

Diamond Pushups 21
Lawn Mowers 12x35

Dive Bombers 16
Back Flys 12x20lbs

When I list a pullup exercise as 9-20, like i did in round one of wide grips, it means I was able to do 9 regular wide grip pullups and 20 total pullups (11 with chair assistance).  I feel great after this workout. I did a total of 338 total pushups and 103 pullups (47 without chair assistance).  Finally the workout results per my heart rate monitor were

1 hours 11 minutes 7 secounds. 
Max Hrt Rate 80%, 151
Avg Hrt Rate 59%, 110
Calories Burned 460
55% Fat

One last additional note, I've been training for a half marathon for this coming weekend.  With that said I will substitute my runs for the plyometrics routine and I will not be doing the Legs portion of the Legs and Back Routine for this Friday.  After Sunday in Week 2 I will put Plyo back in and legs back into the workout.

Jessman

No comments:

Post a Comment