Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 7- Half Marathon

Woke up early, stretched, ran a warm up of .50 miles this morning. Made my way to the capitol in Madison and took on my 2nd Half Marathon.  I was nervous because I didn't train as much as I wanted for this run.  My goals were 1) Finish under 2 hours 2) 9 min mile pace.

When I got to the Capitol with my friends I ended up starting in the back of the pack.  I had no problem with that since I'm only racing against myself, and by starting in the back I get to pass a lot of people and boost my ego!  I really didn't hit a wall this race, Mile 11 through 12 was the toughest, but I made my way through it.  My nike Ipod attachment really helped because anytime i hit the power button it prompted me with the time, distance   and my current pace.   When I hit the 12 mile mark I told myself, its now or never so just go for it.  Running up W. Washington on the final mile was tough, its all an incline, but I powered through it with some 'Dreaming" by Weezer.  On the final .2 miles I sprinted and passed about 20 people.  When i hit the finish line my final time was.....

1 HOUR 55 MINS 41 SECONDS

!!!!!

I made both my goals for the race and I was so pumped to make my goals.  It was a great day and shared with great friends.  I couldn't have done it without them. Yes, thats you Katie, Pete, Katia and Richard.  Thank you for all the support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment